The Workshops Chairs of GECCO 2023 invite domain experts to submit proposals for organizing a workshop at GECCO 2023. The non-extensible deadline is:
- Proposals for workshops: Sunday,
November 27December 1, 2022 (anywhere on earth)
- Acceptance Decision: Friday, December 9, 2022 (anywhere on earth)
If you submitted a proposal you can view it via the My Info page.
Workshops at GECCO provide the possibility to commonly develop visions and exchange ideas in an informal setting, especially if focused on an emerging research field or interdisciplinary research area. In contrast to regular sessions, workshops can (and should) host interactive sessions (discussions, demonstrations, etc.). Attendance at the workshops will be free to all GECCO attendees.
Workshop organizers are responsible for coordination and publicity. If paper submissions are invited for the workshop (this is not a requirement!), workshop organizers take care of the review process, under the supervision of the GECCO 2023 workshop chairs. If applicable, workshop organizers also provide a list of additional (invited) speakers and titles of talks to be given.
Note that organizers, participants and presenters must register for the conference.
We strongly encourage workshops in hybrid mode rather than online only.
If possible, at least one organizer of each workshop should attend the conference in person.
Accepted workshop papers will be published as part of a Companion volume to the conference proceedings in the ACM Digital library.
Workshop Proposals are submitted using the form in the GECCO 2023 web page accessed using the button below.
If you are not logged in, instructions on how to login and how to create an account can be found below instead.
Submitters should be prepared to provide the following information:
- The workshop title and acronym (or short title). Please refrain from using special characters in the title.
- A description of scope and content, and whether the workshop is in hybrid mode or online only. Those fields will be displayed on the website as the default description for the workshop if it is accepted.
- The name, affiliation, email and short bio of the organizer(s). The first organizer will be the default contact person, but more organizers can be designated as contact person.
- (Optional) A URL with more info about the workshop.
- The expected number of participants to the workshop.
- Whether the organizers plan to invite speakers to the workshop.
- (Optional but highly encouraged) A description of any interactive activity or demo planned within the workshop.
- The estimated duration (1 to max 4 sessions) and type of sessions, e.g. the expected presentation formats (invited, submitted), interactive elements, etc. One session lasts 110 minutes. A typical workshop takes at most two sessions.
- (Optional) If this workshop (or a similar event coordinated by the same organizers or a subset of them) has taken place in previous years, either at GECCO or at other events, please include URLs to the event pages.
- (Optional) Any other relevant information to help evaluate the workshop proposal.
Please log in to submit a proposal
- If you already have an account on this site, you need to log in. Like in 2022, your user name is your email address and most user accounts from 2022 and have been migrated to the new website.
- If you don't have an account, you need to register a new account.
- A passcode is required, enter 'q2M1G!@f' (without the quotes).
- Confirm your email address and log in to the site.
Workshop proposals will be reviewed by the Workshop Chairs and other members of the GECCO 2023 organizing committee, based on GECCO attendees' likely interest, the breadth and the depth of the topic(s), and the expertise and credentials of the organizer(s).
For questions regarding the workshops at GECCO 2023, please contact the Workshops Chairs:
CNRS and Sorbonne Université, France
Email: Carola.Doerr (at) lip6.fr
University of St Andrews, UK
Email: nttd (at) st-andrews.ac.uk
If you encounter issues or have questions about the Workshop Proposal submission process on the GECCO website, please contact the Electronic Media Chairs:
Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica, The Netherlands
Email: Arthur.Guijt (at) cwi.nl
Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
Email: imoser (at) swin.edu.au